Contact Us Attendance/Tardy Procedures Bell Schedule Curriculum Location and Map Our Mission School Policies School Programs
Fox Staff
Students B.U.G.S. Clubs Fox TinkerRoom Voluntary School Supply Lists 2017-2018
New Parents & Fox FAQs Get Involved Volunteer Info PTA Board bios PTA Positions Fox Elementary School Tutoring Resources Curiosity Corner Emergency Phone Tree Emergency Procedures Fox School Communications Fox School Site Council Fox Wear Lunch program Fox Registration 2017-2018
Fundraising Get Free Money for Fox PTA and School-Force
Library Fox Family Directory Fox Online Store Inside CA Education (TV Series) The Growth Mindset - a BRSSD Goal Yearbooks 2017-2018

Report your hours

Tracking and recording volunteer hours helps PTA to maintain its federal tax exempt status. Please report your hours.

Volunteer Requirements

Volunteer Requirement for the 2017-18 School Year

Our students' experience at our school is greatly enhanced by the participation of many volunteers.  Because the safety of our children is so important, certain qualifications, screenings, and procedures have been established by the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District for all volunteers who work with students.


To figure out which screenings you need, just answer these three easy questions:


Will you work with children three or more times in a month?

  • No: you do not need a TB test
  • Yes: you need to complete the TB Questionnaire or test
    • You only need to do this once in 4 years
    • Take this form to your medical provider (you may need to pay them)
    • Submit a copy of the Questionnaire or TB Test Results to the Fox Office.


Will you ever be with children when the teacher is not present? (ie. driving to field trips, tutoring, etc.)

  • No: you do not need to be fingerprinted
  • Yes: you need have Live Scan clearance (aka fingerprint clearance).
    • See the District's Volunteer Page to begin the process (
    • Please note there is a charge associated with completing the Live Scan.
    • Contact for cases of hardship or availability of PTA funds to reimburse/subsidize the cost for families new to the school district (enrolled within the last 6 months).


Will you drive children? (even if it is only your own child)

  • No: you do not need to submit any insurance or driver's license paperwork
  • Yes: you need to provide (a) this form, (b) a copy of your current driver's license, and (c) a copy of your current car insurance
    • This needs to be updated whenever the documents expire (for insurance, this is often every 6 months)
    • ​​​​The copy must document minimum coverage of $50,000 liability and $100,000/$300,000 accident
      • Some insurance companies will allow an upgrade in coverage for just the day of the trip.
    • Submit them all to the office, and also be sure that you have been fingerprinted (see information above)


This is only a summary of the official district policy. See the District Volunteer Page for complete information.  If you have any questions, please direct them to Mr. Pappas or Nan Hirahara or Lily Golding in the front office. Note, that these are DISTRICT policies, not school policies.